At Durham Furniture, we believe in doing the right thing.
When you buy our solid wood furniture, you can be assured that it is produced in an environmentally sustainable and ethical way. We build solid wood furniture to
last for generations with lumber from replenishing North American forests. And
we continually strive to measure and improve our environmental performance and reduce our ecological footprint.
Our commitment to sustainable production is acknowledged by the following third-party certifications:
- California Air Resources Board Compliance (CARB) – all Durham Furniture products meet and exceed the CARB 2 compliance requirements of the State of California
We are also committed to providing a safe and ethical workplace, and promoting a sustainable community. Our Social Equity Code of Conduct (which extends to our suppliers as well), includes the following principles:
- Provide proper wages and working conditions for employees
- Use sustainable practices in acquiring all products
- Develop a continuous improvement program for environmental practices
- Have a strong commitment to health and safety for employees and their communities